The LLDP module extracts information from LLDP messages (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) and correlates thisinformation to the respective MAC and IP addresses.
There are two tabs: one tab for IPs and one tab for MACs. Each tab shows a list of the addresses for which LLDP information was seen along with some information that was provided for the address.
The columns displayed are as follows:
- IP or MAC: Depending on the selected tab this column shows either the IP address or the MAC address for which the LDAP information in this row was transmitted. A click on the address will open the detailed statistics for that address.
- Alternative names: Names for the address that were gathered from other data sources (DNS, DHCP, etc.) or custom defined names are displayed in this column.
- Last updated: Shows the time when the information was last updated by decoding a LLDP packet.
- System name: The name of the system as transmitted in the LLDP packet.
- System description: The description string for the system as transmitted in the LLDP packet.
- Port name: The port name as transmitted in the LLDP packet.
The search bar allows to filter for a specific IP/MAC address, names or for LLDP information in the table.